Redfish Event Service not working

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Wed Mar 10 05:32:54 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:45 AM Udupa.Ashwini ISV
<udupa.ashwini at inventec.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test redfish event service in OpenBmc.
>
> I am running the Redfish Event Listener with config.ini as attached. I am trying with http connection.
>

> I have “-Dinsecure-push-style-notification=enabled" in my bmcweb_%.bbappend to have http push style notification enabled.

As a side note, it's on my list to make this a runtime option instead
of a compile time one, or at least enabled by default.  Having http
available is no less secure than not, and requires the user to opt
into the protocol, and has no defaults, so whether they make that
decision at compile time or runtime doesn't really change much IMO.

> But, I don’t see event logs in the console of my Redfish event listener. I also don’t see Events_.txt.
>
> If I send test event through redfish, I see the event in my listener.

There's a lot of work going on around Redfish Event service.  I'd
probably start by going to gerrit and checking out the current patch
series for EventService, and see if that works for you, if it does,
great, please comment that on the code reviews, if not, maybe point
that out there.

> Can you please let me know what’s wrong in my config.ini?

Just looking at it, with very little experience on this kind of thing,
your Destination is almost certainly incorrect.  You've mixed an HTTP
path with a filesystem path.

As part of EventService, it would've been really great if we
documented a test setup for this.  If anyone is interested in writing
up a "how to event service" doc, it would be greatly appreciated.