OpenBMC event logs in WebUI

Udupa.Ashwini ISV udupa.ashwini at inventec.com
Thu Mar 4 07:21:20 AEDT 2021

Hi,

When I am using phosphor-webui in OpenBMC, I see Event Log under Health on left side of WebUI but on clicking it, it shows System Logs. Under System logs, I see SEL, event and OEM logs.
There is also event logs seen in path server-health/event-log.
I was trying to generate an event log in WebUI with phosphor-webui and I could generate it when I upload a OpenBMC tar image without Manifest file.

When I use webui-vue, I see only event logs under Health and no System logs. But, same scenario of OpenBMC tar image without manifest file did not generate any event log on WebUI.

Can you please let me know why there is System logs section in phosphor-webui and not in webui-vue?
Also, what kind of events generate the System logs and event logs in phosphor-webui and event logs in webui-vue?

Regards,
Ashwini