create telemetry metric report definition

Grobelny, Krzysztof krzysztof.grobelny at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 30 19:24:05 AEST 2021

Hello,

About your dbus call it should look like this:
busctl call xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry
/xyz/openbmc_project/Telemetry/Reports
xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry.ReportManager AddReport 'ssbbta(osss)'
'TelemetryService/ReportName' 'Periodic' true true 1000 1
'/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/current/HSC_IOUT' 'SINGLE' 'MetricName'
'/redfish/v1/Chassis/Transformers_MotherBoard/Sensors/HSC_IOUT/Reading'

You are missing method signature 'ssbbta(osss)'
You are missing number of elements in array a(osss)

About your post request it works for me:
curl --user root:root --insecure --location --request POST
https://localhost:4443/redfish/v1/TelemetryService/MetricReportDefinitions
-d
'{"Id":"MyMetric","Metrics":[{"MetricId":"HSC_IOUT_reading","MetricProperties":["/redfish/v1/Chassis/Transformers_MotherBoard/Sensors/HSC_IOUT/Reading"]}],"MetricReportDefinitionType":"Periodic","ReportActions":["RedfishEvent","LogToMetricReportsCollection"],"Schedule":{"RecurrenceInterval":"PT1S"}}'

Are you sure your curl params are ok? Can you perform post with for
example invalid parameters to verify your request. You could change
RecurrenceInterval to something not recongnized or Id to contain invalid
characters like '@' and see if you get correct reponse from bmcweb.

BR, Krzysztof