create telemetry metric report definition

Mohammed.Habeeb ISV mohammed.habeeb at inventec.com
Tue Jun 29 07:14:49 AEST 2021

Hi

How to create a telemetry metric report definition? I tried to set via dbus command as below, but got an error.
 busctl call xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry /xyz/openbmc_project/Telemetry/Reports xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry.ReportManager AddReport MyMetric Periodic 1 1 1000 "/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/current/HSC_IOUT" "SINGLE" 1 "/redfish/v1/Chassis/Transformers_MotherBoard/Sensors/HSC_IOUT/Reading"
Unknown signature type M.

Tried to use redfish also, but got an internal service error. Please let me know if I miss anything here in both commands.
habeeb at nsit-160:~/openbmc_nibu06$ curl -k -H "X-Auth-Token: $token" -X POST https://${bmc}/redfish/v1/TelemetryService/MetricReportDefinitions -d '{
 "Id":"MyMetric",
 "Metrics":[
	{
	 "MetricId": "HSC_IOUT_reading",
	 "MetricProperties":
 ["/redfish/v1/Chassis/Transformers_MotherBoard/Sensors/HSC_IOUT/Reading"]
 	}
 	],
 "MetricReportDefinitionType": "Periodic",
 "ReportActions": ["RedfishEvent", "LogToMetricReportsCollection"],
 "Schedule": {
 	"RecurrenceInterval": "PT1S"
 	}
 }'

{
  "error": {
    "@Message.ExtendedInfo": [
      {
        "@odata.type": "#Message.v1_1_1.Message",
        "Message": "The request failed due to an internal service error.  The service is still operational.",
        "MessageArgs": [],
        "MessageId": "Base.1.8.1.InternalError",
        "MessageSeverity": "Critical",
        "Resolution": "Resubmit the request.  If the problem persists, consider resetting the service."
      }
    ],
    "code": "Base.1.8.1.InternalError",
    "message": "The request failed due to an internal service error.  The service is still operational."
  }
}
---
I see xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry.ReportManager Interface is present.
sysadmin at transformers:~# busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.Telemetry
`-/xyz
  `-/xyz/openbmc_project
    `-/xyz/openbmc_project/Telemetry
      `-/xyz/openbmc_project/Telemetry/Reports

Regards
Habeeb