SYSTEMD_OVERRIDE do not install into image

David Wang (王振宇) DavidWang at quantatw.com
Fri Jun 11 20:10:17 AEST 2021

Found the root cause.
xyz.openbmc_project.LED.GroupManager.service is installed by Yocto, but xyz.openbmc_project.Network.service is installed by meson, so it can't be modified with SYSTEMD_OVERRIDE.
It packs the conf file because I didn't clean up the package before rebuilding.
Alternative method:
FILES_${PN} += " \
	${systemd_system_unitdir}/xyz.openbmc_project.Network.service.d/service-override.conf"
do_install_append() {
    install -d ${D}${systemd_system_unitdir}/xyz.openbmc_project.Network.service.d
    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/service-override.conf \
		${D}${systemd_system_unitdir}/xyz.openbmc_project.Network.service.d/
}