RDE Enablement

Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware) mike.garrett at hpe.com
Fri Jun 11 06:26:21 AEST 2021

Greetings,

I'm am interested to know if there has been any organized discussion or development on Redfish Device Enablement (RDE - DMTF DSP0218) for moving encoded Redfish data across PLDM/MCTP interfaces.  We are interested in promoting this standard and are willing to lead a reference implementation for OpenBMC if there is not yet something in progress.  If there is something in progress, can you point me at the work because I would love to see it.

What is the normal sequence for proposing, debating and finalizing major new features?  Would I submit something in Gerrit for review (e.g. a markdown file for the docs/designs repo?)   We could probably get something started fairly soon.

Thanks.

Mike