Power Restore Policy (Intel platform)

Palanisamy, Saravanan saravanan.palanisamy at linux.intel.com
Sat Jun 5 04:12:59 AEST 2021

Hi,

This functionality may not be supported by BIOS in RP.

1.) You need to set this BIOS knob:

EDKII MENU ->  Platform Configuration -> PCH- IO Configuration -> State
After G3 -> S5 state -> F10(save).

I have not tried in from web interface.

I believe, below IPMI commands will do the same:

2.) In BMC Serial Console, set power restore policy to AlwaysON

# ipmitool raw 0x00 0x06 0x02

  07

3.) Set power restore delay to 120 seconds

# ipmitool raw 0x30 0x54 0x00 0x78

4.) Do AC Cycle

5.) BIOS boot after 120+ seconds after bmc boot started

Thanks,

Saravanan