Power Restore Policy (Intel platform)

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Sat Jun 5 01:06:53 AEST 2021

On 6/3/2021 8:16 PM, 吳秉昌 wrote:
> Hi Teams
>
> I am new to OpenBMC, In Power Restore Policy function, I setting "Always On” via web, and reboot the BMC (the system is power off), I expect the system will start, but it don’t.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to OpenBMC!

In x86-power-control, the Power Restore Policy is only invoked after an
AC-boot.  So, it doesn't happen just on a BMC reboot, the host has to
lose power.

x86-power-control uses a D-Bus property from the settings application to
determine if the BMC is booting from an AC recovery:
https://github.com/openbmc/x86-power-control/blob/master/power-control-x86/src/power_control.cpp#L968
         "xyz.openbmc_project.Settings",
         "/xyz/openbmc_project/control/host0/ac_boot",
         "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties", "Get",
         "xyz.openbmc_project.Common.ACBoot", "ACBoot");

On our platforms we use a small shell script that runs on start-up to
check the resetreason from u-boot and set the "ACBoot" property accordingly:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-core/ac-boot-check/ac-boot-check/ac-boot-check.sh