cannot modify the files in the overlay file system

周 远清 zhouyuanqing8 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 2 22:43:20 AEST 2021

Hi Team,

   mount command is follow:

mount -t overlay overlay -o redirect_dir=on,index=on,lowerdir=/run/initramfs/ro/usr/bin,upperdir=/run/initramfs/rw/cow1,workdir=/run/initramfs/rw/work1 /run/initramfs/rw/merged

   After I mounted the overlay file system , I used vi to open the file (vi xxx.sh) in the merged directory, and then when I saved it, it prompted "'xxx.sh Invalid argument". Can you help me solve this problem?

   On my system, this problem occurs probabilistically on openbmc 2.8.0, and the probability is very low; but on openbmc 2.9.0, it must occur.

   openbmc release version :2.9.0
   kernel version:5.10.14。

Thankyou.

harley