SEL Event logs in Redfish

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 2 05:05:12 AEST 2021

On 5/28/2021 1:58 AM, Jayashree D wrote:
> Classification: Public
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> In journalctl log, I found that the sensor value is crossed the threshold value.
> But when I tried in Redfish API, I am not able to see any logs, whether anything I am missing here ?
> Could you please provide suggestions on this .
Unfortunately, we ran into trouble trying to persist the journal to
flash, so we have one additional layer where rsyslog watches for any
journal entries that have a "REDFISH_MESSAGE_ID" metadata and logs them
to '/var/log/redfish' where bmcweb pulls them for the Redfish EventLog.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-intel-openbmc/meta-common/recipes-extended/rsyslog/rsyslog/rsyslog.conf#L66

If you have the journal event, I'd check if you have 'var/log/redfish'
populated with that event.  If not, you may need to add the above config
to rsyslog to create it and that will hopefully fix the event in Redfish.

Thanks,
-Jason