Serial Over Lan (SOL) no login prompt on Linux IRQ mode

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:51:44 AEST 2021

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 07:42:22PM +0300, Konstantin Klubnichkin wrote:
> Thank you for this patch, I've tried this (UART1 <->UART3 routing), but this
> just doesn't work on my hardware, even POST is not available.
> Probably only way is to ask Aspeedtech support to clarify this.

What's your hardware? On our board we have LPC connection between
AST2500 and Lewisburg PCH. If your UEFI is configuring SIRQ in
Continuous mode (should be default I guess) then you might also want
this (even though VUART wouldn't be used with the configuration used
by the patch I've sent earlier):

+diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-facebook-tiogapass.dts b/arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-facebook-tiogapass.dts
+index fffdb2b67c08..77233d360142 100644
+--- a/arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-facebook-tiogapass.dts
++++ b/arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-facebook-tiogapass.dts
+@@ -157,6 +157,7 @@
+
+ &vuart {
+       // VUART Host Console
++      aspeed,sirq-polarity-sense = <&syscon 0x70 25>;
+       status = "okay";
+ };
+

I suggest you try these two patches verbatim, this whole remapping
business is tricky so probably you've missed something in your earlier
tests.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com