ObjectMapper - quantity limitations?

Ed Tanous edtanous at google.com
Thu Jan 28 04:14:39 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 9:04 AM Ambrozewicz, Adrian
<adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm doing some performance measurements of OpenBMC telemetry subsystem.
> I'm using my custom app, which spawns valid D-Bus Sensors, I configure
> TelemetryService to monitor them and EventService to push MetricReports
> to external server.

Which sensor code are you using?

> I observe certain limitation on my system. Each sensor is mapped as two
> objects in ObjectMapper hierarchy. It seems that I am able to correctly
> create up to 1500 sensors. When I go above this limit part of the
> sensors are not represented in ObjectMapper tree.

When I wrote it originally, there were no arbitrary limits on how many
objects the mapper could cache or return, but considering how big your
limit.  You don't mention if you're seeing any errors in the
journalctl log from either the broker or object manager.  That might
give you more clues.