ObjectMapper - quantity limitations?

Ambrozewicz, Adrian adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 28 04:03:35 AEDT 2021

Hello,

I'm doing some performance measurements of OpenBMC telemetry subsystem.
I'm using my custom app, which spawns valid D-Bus Sensors, I configure
TelemetryService to monitor them and EventService to push MetricReports
to external server.

I observe certain limitation on my system. Each sensor is mapped as two
objects in ObjectMapper hierarchy. It seems that I am able to correctly
create up to 1500 sensors. When I go above this limit part of the
sensors are not represented in ObjectMapper tree.

Our use-case would most likely require creating even more sensors than
the limit I've reached now. I'm just starting to investigate the issue
and I would be happy if you could give me pointers or ideas what could
be the culprit here.

Regards,
Adrian