Can not get the Virtual Media D-bus Object

Hieu Huynh hieuh at amperemail.onmicrosoft.com
Fri Jan 22 02:59:30 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

When get the Virtual Media Collection I have the issue:

{

"@odata.id":"/redfish/v1/Managers/bmc/VirtualMedia"
<https://10.38.66.105/redfish/v1/Managers/bmc/VirtualMedia>,
"@odata.type": "#VirtualMediaCollection.VirtualMediaCollection",
"Name": "Virtual Media Services",
"error": {
"@Message.ExtendedInfo": [
{
"@odata.type": "#Message.v1_1_1.Message",
"Message": "The request failed due to an internal service error. The
service is still operational.",
"MessageArgs": [],
"MessageId": "Base.1.8.1.InternalError",
"MessageSeverity": "Critical",
"Resolution": "Resubmit the request. If the problem persists, consider
resetting the service."
}
],
"code": "Base.1.8.1.InternalError",
"message": "The request failed due to an internal service error. The
service is still operational."
}

}

The BMC console will show logs:

bmcweb[1066]: (2021-01-21 02:56:35) [ERROR "virtual_media.hpp":1099]
ObjectMapper::GetObject call failed: generic:5

The issue happens because does not have VirtualMedia object on my system.

1. As I know the VirtualMedia Object defined on phosphor-dbus-interfaces
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/tree/master/xyz/openbmc_project/VirtualMedia.
Does any config for VirtualMedia available on my system?

2. What is the Virtual Media modes of operation? Proxy or Legacy?

Best Regards,

Hieu Huynh