Progress Codes in BMC

chunhui.jia chunhui.jia at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 26 15:05:05 AEDT 2021

#1 if more backends (PLDM for example) are required, we could extend it for sure.
#2 Instead of accessing local files directly,  I would suggest to use existed redfish schema for POST code. It could extract post code history.
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/88b3dd12851cd7bdd4b5c065ba99f40feafb775e/redfish-core/lib/log_services.hpp#L2986
User could access like following URL:
https://xx.xx.xx.xx/redfish/v1/Systems/system/LogServices/PostCodes/Entries

WEBUI could also leverage this to implement UI entry for post code/progress code.

2021-01-26

chunhui.jia