Discrete Sensors in OpenBMC

Wludzik, Jozef jozef.wludzik at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 20 01:22:41 AEDT 2021

Does anyone use or implement discrete sensor in OpenBMC? Redfish defines
discrete triggers that use discrete values to detect that threshold is
crossed and trigger action should be commited. Redfish does not mention
about discrete sensor/values in other topics/schemes than Telemetry
(e.g. MetricDefinition, MetricReportDefinition and MetricReport). I am
asking about it because we are trying to find an example of discrete
sensor to proceed with DiscreteTriggers implementation (aka Discrete
thresholds) from Triggers scheme.

Ref.:

Redfish Telemetry White Paper -
https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP2051_1.0.0.pdf