Add the ExtendedVersion to MANIFEST file and os-release

Chanh Nguyen OS chanh at os.amperecomputing.com
Wed Jan 13 14:51:08 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm supporting the ExtendedVersion in phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt. You can see more at https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt/+/39406

I would like to add the ExtendedVersion field to the MANIFEST and store at os-release. So, I send this mail to discuss the new field name and the value in MANIFEST, os-release. I suggest

  1.  The new field name in MANIFEST is ExtendedVersion . It will like as:
purpose
version
ExtendedVersion
KeyType
HashType
MachineName
  2.  The new field name in os-release is EXTENDED_VERSION
ID
NAME
VERSION
VERSION_ID
PRETTY_NAME
BUILD_ID
OPENBMC_TARGET_MACHINE
EXTENDED_VERSION
  3.  The "ExtendedVersion" value will be similar to the "MACHINE" field. It is typically set in the openbmc/meta-*/meta-MACHINE/conf/local.conf.sample file.

Please raise your ideas for this design!

Thank you!
Chanh