Switch SensorCollection to show all sensors as new power/thermal schemas implemented

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 12 05:19:26 AEDT 2021

Similar discussion has been on the mailing list before:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2020-October/023568.html

The new PowerSubsystem/ThermalSubsystem Redfish schemas can coexist with
the old Power/Thermal schemas. I suspect we will have both the new and
old for some time. As we implement the new
PowerSubsystem/ThermalSubsystem is it okay to switch the behavior of the
sensor collection from "show sensors that are not covered elsewhere in
the model" to "show all sensors" as the new
PowerSubsystem/ThermalSubsystem schemas call for?

I reposted in
https://redfishforum.com/thread/190/sensorcollection-contain-all-sensors-chassis,
unless I am missing something I believe Redfish's guidance will be "move
to a SensorCollection that shows all the sensors". If indeed that is
their guidance, is everyone okay as we implement the new
PowerSubsystem/ThermalSubsystem in bmcweb, we move sensor collection to
show all sensors? Things like webui-vue will have to be updated (not
sure anything breaks for webui-vue just would have duplicate sensors).

Thanks,
Gunnar