add a new yaml interface definition

Mahesh Kurapati mahesh.kurapati at keysight.com
Tue Jan 5 11:42:40 AEDT 2021

Hello Patrick,

Thank you.  Updating the meson fixed the issue, and I see the cpp, and hpp files generated.

ixia at ubuntu:~/git/development/openbmc/build/fender/tmp/work/arm1176jzs-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/1.0+git999-r1/phosphor-dbus-interfaces-1.0+git999/gen/xyz/openbmc_project/Control/Alarm$ ls
client.hpp  server.cpp  server.hpp

I have two more follow-up questions on how I include this code in my server:
1.  Does the libsdbusplus.so contain the methods that I defined in the Alarm.interface.yaml file?  I thought it would.  But, I don't see build time stamp changed for it.  I thought, all I need to do is include the header file in my server code, and link the server with libsdbusplus.so.

2.  I see that in the example/Calculator_server.cpp file, both the generated cpp, and herder files are included.  While the corresponding server and header are not included in the x86_power_control.cpp server.  I see that in x86 server code, namespace is referred again.  Is that the reason why they are not included?

Please help.

Thank you
Mahesh