any in-progress Redfish TelemetryService enhancements?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Sat Feb 20 06:33:48 AEDT 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:04:57PM -0800, Ed Tanous wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:16 AM Brad Bishop
><bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone thought about how to implement the Append behaviors for the
>> ReportUpdates property in a MetricReportDefinition?
>>

>As an aside, if anyone else is interested in Telemetry Service,
>there's a lot of code there that's not having a lot of community
>feedback or testing on the reviews, so if anyone else is interested
>please pull down the patches and provide constructive feedback.
>
>https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%2522telemetry%2522+(status:open+OR+status:merged)+status:open

I pulled these in and did some quick sanity checking.  I was able to
create a report definition and then see the report get generated and
read it.

I have to say - it was really nice being able to pull a feature in and
having it work out of the box.  So really great job to the Intel team in
that respect.

I did find a bug with the telemetry service itself - when reports with
multiple metrics are created, the last (or maybe all but the first?)
metric in the report isn't updated after the initial reading.  I was too
lazy to file a bug and didn't save any information.  I'll try to do that
soon.