Virtual Media repository request

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Sun Dec 12 08:13:00 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 7:52 AM Hawrylewicz Czarnowski, Przemyslaw
<przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I would like to request for new Virtual Media service repository (based on the design document located here: https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/virtual-media.md).

Considering that the virtual media already uses pieces of
functionality from the old virtual media, why wouldn't this just go in
https://github.com/openbmc/jsnbd

Ideally we shouldn't need two different virtual media implementations,
and my understanding is that the "new" one is a complete replacement
for jsnbd, while still using the javascript portions of it;  Moving
the implementation there will simplify when people look for virtual
media, and will promote the reuse of code, so I think that's what we
should do.

> The service itself is a reworked Virtual Media which early stage is available here: https://github.com/Intel-BMC/provingground.
>
> And additional question: is there anything to do in order to enable CI for this repo?

I believe CI is already enabled for jsnbd, so I think we're already
good to go there.