Implement Ethernet Interface Properties

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Dec 2 09:49:52 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 09:58:41AM +0000, Spencer Ku (古世瑜) wrote:

> For phosphor-network part, we propose to use existing tool like ipert to get the Ethernet BW/Drop package rate. Or the other method is that read TX/RX from ethernet driver (/sys/class/net/{Ethernet_Name}), then calculate the BW/Drop package rate. After that, we will need to register the D-Bus interface and sync the property info to that D-Bus.

Is this something that systemd-networkd might be interested in exposing?  We
should ask this question upstream there to see if they would be interested in
the contribution.

I'd prefer using the sysfs interface direction rather than wrapping a tool in
`system()` calls.

Did you mean 'iperf'?  How do you get the drop rate from that?  Don't you need
another system to act as the other side of iperf?

--
Patrick Williams