Request to create ampere-platform-mgmt and ampere-ipmi-oem repos

Thang Nguyen thang at os.amperecomputing.com
Sat Apr 24 22:48:14 AEST 2021

Hi Patrick

On 23/04/2021 20:31, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 09:05:36AM +0700, Thang Nguyen wrote:
>
> Hello Thang,
>
>> Can you help create 2 new repositories for Ampere specific codes:
>>
>> - ampere-platform-mgmt: contains codes for Ampere specific applications
>> to monitor and control Ampere's Host like RAS error handling, Temp
>> event, ...
> This sounds fairly vague and potentially overlapping with some existing
> repositories.  Can we get designs on this to understand the scope and
> applicability to other systems?  It is quite possible that pieces of
> this already exist elsewhere in the codebase or could be extended with
> minimal effort to fit your needs.

I intend to push Ampere specific features, you can find current codes at
https://github.com/ampere-openbmc/ampere-platform-mgmt.

It is good to have any of below can be implemented with current existing
repositories:

- utilities to flash Ampere Host firmware and NVPARM: Boot EEPROM,
UEFI/ATF firmware, ...

- Control boot EEPROM based on current input GPIO and log the
information into Redfish
(https://github.com/ampere-openbmc/ampere-platform-mgmt/tree/ampere/altra/host-control/scp-failover)

- Handle boot progress from Ampere's Altra SMpro, log the progress into
Redfish and update dbus. Note that the boot progress is based on
information from EDK2 and other firmware like ATF and SMpro.

- Handle events from Ampere Altra's SMpro (like Sideband controller) and
log to IPMI SEL and Redfish.