Request to create ampere-platform-mgmt and ampere-ipmi-oem repos

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri Apr 23 23:31:40 AEST 2021

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 09:05:36AM +0700, Thang Nguyen wrote:

Hello Thang,

> Can you help create 2 new repositories for Ampere specific codes:
>
> - ampere-platform-mgmt: contains codes for Ampere specific applications
> to monitor and control Ampere's Host like RAS error handling, Temp
> event, ...

This sounds fairly vague and potentially overlapping with some existing
repositories.  Can we get designs on this to understand the scope and
applicability to other systems?  It is quite possible that pieces of
this already exist elsewhere in the codebase or could be extended with
minimal effort to fit your needs.

> - ampere-ipmi-oem: contains codes for Ampere specific IPMI command support.

We certainly have precidence for <company>-ipmi-oem repositories, but I
think there is a desire to reduce them and try to make the IPMI handlers
more common.  I don't know if anyone is actively leading that effort
though, so in keeping with the existing precidence it seems like we
should create this repository for you.

--
Patrick Williams