How to analyze core dump data

George Liu liuxiwei1013 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:58:59 AEST 2021

Hey guys:
I have a question:

When I test and monitor the `bmcweb` daemon, sometimes I encountered a
`core dump` due to the code error. I want to extract the core dump
data and analyze it to quickly locate the number of lines of code, but
I do not know how to analyze core dump data.

I tried to use `gdb` to operate(gdb <binary file> <coredumpfile>), but
I did not get the desired result. So I want to know if there are other
ways to analyze core dump data? Or where there are references, please
let me know, Thank you.

George Liu