Enabling pmbus power control

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Apr 21 21:05:40 AEST 2021

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 01:54:10PM -0500, Zev Weiss wrote:

> Consider the power shelf I mentioned earlier -- it's a rackmount power
> supply and that's about it.  It provides DC power to arbitrary devices that
> it has no other connection to, just ground and +12V.  Those devices might be
> servers, or cooling fans, or vacuum cleaners or floodlights -- the power
> shelf doesn't know, or care.  It's a lot like a switchable network PDU in

If your chassis is particularly simple then it will be particularly
simple to fit into a generic framework so that should make your life a
lot easier here.  Generally the simpler your system is the easier it
will be to use in something generic, it's not going to be stretching
ideas about how things should look and is more likely to have good
helpers available already.