[phosphor-virtual-sensor] get sensor service fail

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Fri Apr 9 02:36:48 AEST 2021

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 7:01 AM Alan Kuo (郭振維) <Alan_Kuo at quantatw.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> In the current implementation of bmcweb LogServices, the time of the "Created" property is the time when the event is generated, which does not match the description of the redfish schema. The "Created" property means the date and time when the log entry was created.

It should be noted, Created has been present since 1.0.0 of LogEntry,
EventTimestamp was added in LogEntry v1.1.0.  Based on the
descriptions, it's not clear to me what the intended difference is,
seeing as how they're both of type Edm.DateTimeOffset.  Based on the
description, the two would be identical on an OpenBMC system, the
LogEntry is "Created" at the same time it occurs.

> We think that using “EventTimestamp” will be more suitable than “Created” in LogServices.

Why?  Can you give more details here on what you're trying to accomplish?

> Could you give me some suggestion ? Or am I misunderstanding the definition of schema?

This is probably a better question for the Redfish forum, unless
there's documentation on what the intended difference between those
two parameters are.