Human readable POST code messages

Oskar Senft osk at google.com
Wed Sep 30 21:42:47 AEST 2020

Hi Brad

I had thought about this before. The main issue I found is that the meaning
of the POST code messages are highly dependent on the particular platform
(i.e. BIOS) emitting them, i.e. there's no generic mapping that's always
correct.

Having said that, given that there are only a limited number of BIOS
vendors, it might be possible to generate a few lists and make the BIOS
vendor a config option to select the right mapping.

What's your use case?

Oskar