PECI patchset status

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Tue Sep 29 15:49:27 AEST 2020

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 01:20, Mihm, James <james.mihm at intel.com> wrote:

> Would it be acceptable for all of the 84+ Intel patches to reside in the openbmc repo while we work through the upstreaming process?
> Some of the patches require design changes and will take much longer to upstream.

This is the intent of the openbmc tree. THe patches need to be posted,
in reviewable series, to be included.

As discussed in this thread regarding the PECI patches, they have been
around for a long time without submission. They will need to be posted
upstream again before I put them in the OpenBMC tree.

Early September, when this thread was started, was a great time to
make the PECI submission in terms of the upstream kernel development
cycle. The next best time is now.

Cheers,

Joel