Difficulty booting on Raspberry Pi 4.

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Sep 24 10:10:55 AEST 2020

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 10:36:03AM -0700, Cheng Yang wrote:
> Hi,  I’m openbmc noob here.

Welcome.

> I follow the instruction of https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-raspberrypi/README.md <https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-raspberrypi/README.md>

I don't think there are really many people using the meta-raspberrypi
with OpenBMC.  This comes from elsewhere outside the project as one of
the Yocto community meta-layers and isn't related to OpenBMC.

What happened was that someone had an idea to use a rpi as an
easily-accessible experimental platform for running OpenBMC code and
they asked to have the meta-layer added to our tree.  We keep it in
sync, but I don't think that experiment really went much farther.

See https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/399 for some of the
origin.

If you're doing just a simple rpi4 image build, without any of the
OpenBMC layers, and it won't even boot, that seems like something you
could tackle with the upstream community.  The README suggests that
the general Yocto mailing list is where to go:

```
* Mailing list (yocto mailing list): <yocto at yoctoproject.org>
```

--