OpenBMC Office Hours

Nancy Yuen yuenn at google.com
Wed Sep 23 03:17:07 AEST 2020

Hi Team OpenBMC,

As Sai stated in his learning series post, OpenBMC can appear complex
to people learning or evaluating OpenBMC.

I propose office hours, staffed by experienced volunteers where
newcomers can dial in and ask questions.  The reasoning is newcomers
aren't always sure what questions to ask and/or are intimidated by
IRC.  Office hours would be a more direct, 1:1 forum for newcomers to
get answers.  And of course volunteers would encourage the use of the
mailing list and IRC for follow up discussions.

I would like this to be low overhead for volunteers and I'm hoping to
have enough volunteers to do monthly office hours, in the volunteer's
local timezone.  Please sign up here if you're willing to volunteer.
Ideally we would have 6-12 volunteers so it would just be one hour
once or twice a year for everyone.  Please sign up by 10/16 @
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hOzYDq6kRl8RCj9Kk_kzpiUjt5bABxVRH87StK2oKnY/edit?usp=sharing
if you're interested in volunteering!

I'd also like each office hour to have signups, to make efficient use
of everyone's time.  If there are no signups within 24hrs, the office
hour would be canceled.

Thanks,
Nancy