Add Multi-host support in the phosphor-buttons

Manikandan Elumalai manikandan.hcl.ers.epl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:43:29 AEST 2020

Hi All,
         Our platform is based on the multi-host with one power(1 GPIO),
reset gpio(1 GPIO) and hand switch
(4 GPIO) connected to the base board(BMC). There are five positions that
can be calculated based
on hand switch selection for the power and uart control of all hosts in the
chassis based
on the hand switch position along with power and reset button press.

The below feature needs to be added as part of the multi-host
implementation in the obmc-phosphor-buttons.

 1. Simple power-button press to "on/off" the specific host based on the
selection key position.
 2. Simple reset-button press to "Reset" the specific host based on the
selection key position.
 3. Long power-button press to "Slot AC on/off" on specific host based on
the
    selection key position(triggers if Hand switch == any host).
 4. Long power-button press to "Chassis System Reset"(triggers if Hand
switch == BMC).
 5. UART console(BMC & Four host) selection based on the selection key
position.

In addition to the baseboard GPIO control, we also use the removal debug
card for
host selection button which is virtually mapped to the baseboard Hand
switch(4 GPIO) to
act as a host selector on each button press in the debug card.

The OCP Debug card details can be found in below,

https://www.opencompute.org/documents/facebook-ocp-debug-card-with-lcd-spec_v1p0

Please let me know your valuable comments.

Thanks