interest in a minimal image recipe

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Sep 16 06:28:32 AEST 2020

I've heard a handful of times that meta-phosphor users often have to
remove the latest feature added by default to obmc-phosphor-image.

I have an RFC for an empty image that these users could bbappend and
opt-in to specific image features instead of having to repeatedly
opt-out.

If you like the opt-in approach, please drop a +1 and/or review my patch:

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/36516

I bring this up now because I, and others have been adding new image
features to obmc-phosphor-image (e.g. turned on by default), and I would
like to start a discussion about what it means for an application to be
in the OpenBMC github organization.  I would propose that it means it is
enabled and turned on by default in obmc-phosphor-image.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

-brad