When building OpenBMC . . . ?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Sep 3 05:10:19 AEST 2020

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 06:50:01PM +0000, Patrick Voelker wrote:
> I'm giving the first option below a try.  I've defined an alternative variant and have included the meta-facebook/meta-tiogapass layer in my build.
>
> One problem I'm running into is that meta-tiogapass includes a rsyslog*.bbappend and one of the other layers I'm using also has a similar rsyslog*.bbappend.
>
> Each do an append to do_install() and each one tries to remove ${D}${sysconfdir}/rsyslog.d/imjournal.conf.  Of course that file can only be removed once so the build fails.
>
> My question now, is what's the best way to work around this?  I don't need rsyslog from meta-tiogapass, just the machine specifics.

If this is a common pattern, we should try to contribute it upstream to
Yocto as a PACKAGECONFIG option.  Then we can add to the PACKAGECONFIG
in the bbappend (you can do that as many times as you want).

If we don't think Yocto would accept it, or they reject it, but it is
still something we're seeing often in our systems we can similarly add
it as a common bbappend in meta-phosphor (ideally triggered by a
PACKAGECONFIG).

--
Patrick Williams