When building OpenBMC . . . ?

Patrick Voelker Patrick_Voelker at phoenix.com
Thu Sep 3 04:50:01 AEST 2020

I'm giving the first option below a try.  I've defined an alternative variant and have included the meta-facebook/meta-tiogapass layer in my build.

One problem I'm running into is that meta-tiogapass includes a rsyslog*.bbappend and one of the other layers I'm using also has a similar rsyslog*.bbappend.

Each do an append to do_install() and each one tries to remove ${D}${sysconfdir}/rsyslog.d/imjournal.conf.  Of course that file can only be removed once so the build fails.

My question now, is what's the best way to work around this?  I don't need rsyslog from meta-tiogapass, just the machine specifics.

<snip>