With webui-vue Firmware version on Overview vs Hardware status BMC manager not always matching.

Derick Montague Derick.Montague at ibm.com
Thu Oct 29 04:57:11 AEDT 2020

> With webui-vue Firmware version on Overview vs Hardware status BMC manager not always matching.
>
> These are screen shots.
>
> I find Romulus is not having this issue:
> 	Overview - https://bmc-bruce.github.io/Romulus_Overview_Firmware-version.png
> 	Hardware status - https://bmc-bruce.github.io/Romulus_Hardware-status_Firmware-version.png
>
> Where our build does show this issue:
> 	Overview - https://bmc-bruce.github.io/Phoenix_Overview_Firmware-version.png
> 	Hardware status - https://bmc-bruce.github.io/Phoenix_Hardware-status_Firmware-version.png

> I am curious as to how Hardware status gets the (BMC) Firmware version as compared to how Overview gets the (BMC) Firmware version.

They are looking in different properties. I am not 100% sure why and it might
be able to be simplified. However, given the information, I would expect that
you are also missing the FW versions on the FW update page also.

It looks like the Overview page uses the Firmware store that calls
/redfish/v1/Managers/bmc and gets the value from the Links.ActiveSoftware image.

On the Hardware page uses the BMC store that also uses redfish/v1/Managers/bmc
and it gets the version from the FirmwareVersion property returned.

I would expect you to also be missing the FW versions on the FW page also.

https://imgur.com/a/TojENYX

Is that true?