Using bios-settings-mgr for setting hypervisor network attributes

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 20 21:43:49 AEDT 2020

Hi Ed,Pattrick

Thanks for your suggestions,

Any choice with the below two proposals?

1/

How about using the Redfish Bios schema for redfish data modeling and Bios-settings
manager as backend to make the things simpler?

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/29670
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bios-settings-mgr/+/35563

                                   *or*

2/

Redfish EthernetSchema at redfish data modelling and phosphor-settings at backend(D-bus object)
                                      +

Some code which writes the data from settings Dbus object to bios-settings as PLDM is having infra to read from the BIOS-Settings table and send the bios table to Hypervisor.

NOTE: In the later case we don't have way in redfish to show the pending values.we can only show the configured values.

Ratan