adding sync method in phosphor-time-manager

Velumani T-ERS,HCLTech velumanit at hcl.com
Thu Oct 8 04:18:06 AEDT 2020

Classification: HCL Internal

Time owner module was a different module which decides who owns the time BMC/host and set the time using NTP mode or Manual Mode.
in Time owner module ,user set the host time using the below command manually by providing  the time.
busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.Time.Manager \
       /xyz/openbmc_project/time/host xyz.openbmc_project.Time.EpochTime \
                   Elapsed t <value-in-microseconds>

we are now actually not repeating the time owner implementation instead we are adding one more mode(HostSync) to time manager setting.
    a.NTP
    b.Manual
    c.HostSync

    How HostSync intent to work:
                1.host sync mode will get time from the host.
                   1.1 Add an empty system service file in this repo and spawn this service when HostSync enabled
                   1.2 This service file can be override by the platform machine layer.
                   1.3 The platform machine layer install the service file and the shell script to get the time from host.
                 2.it will set the time to BMC using the shell script.
Regards,
Velu