[Test Automation] [Update Sevice] Failed: Test Firmware Tftp Upload Image.Install Same Image Two Times

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Thu Nov 19 14:39:52 AEDT 2020

On 2020-11-18 19:51, CS20 CHLi30 wrote:

> Recently, we met 1 test item fail "Test Firmware Tftp Upload
> Image.Install Same Image Two Times" in Update Service of OpenBMC Test
> Automation.

> According your commit, I understand this is a good fix to clear no use
> image files in /tmp folder.
>
> But, it seems against test item of update service in openbmc test
> automation.
>
> The test script will check if the existing firmware is functional
> according image_id in /tmp folder, if existing then it's not allow to
> update same image two times.
>
> However, after your commit then test script will fail due to image_id
> dir be deleted. Did you have any suggestion for this symptom?

Hi Tim,

Could you provide a bit more details about this test case, you hint that
it may exist in the openbmc-test-automation repo?

The openbmc-test-automation handles this scenario by extracting the
MANIFEST file out of the code update tarball before the upload and
reading the VERSION string, then comparing that with the VERSION in the
/etc/os-release file in the BMC to determine if the version is already
running in the BMC.

I wouldn't recommend trying to generate the id from within the test case
because the algorithm may change. So hopefully checking the version
string is an alternative that'd work.