[Test Automation] [Update Sevice] Failed: Test Firmware Tftp Upload Image.Install Same Image Two Times

CS20 CHLi30 CHLI30 at nuvoton.com
Thu Nov 19 12:51:05 AEDT 2020

Hi All,

Recently, we met 1 test item fail "Test Firmware Tftp Upload Image.Install Same Image Two Times" in Update Service of OpenBMC Test Automation.
After checking the log, we found that due to phosphor-software-manager merged this commit
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt/commit/13e0991160ac73915b7dc1bd031fbf7424093cb0

Quote:
image_manager: Delete image dir if same version exists
If the uploaded version already exists, no version D-Bus object is created, but the directory in /tmp/ with the image files remain even though there is no use for it,
also there is no way for the user to delete it except rebooting the BMC. This takes up space and may cause subsequent uploads to fail with out-of-space.
Delete it if the version already exists.

Currently, we just skip this test item due to that against the latest phosphor-software-manager design.
Did you have any idea about this issue symptom? Is it need to remove this test item?

Hi Adriana,

According your commit, I understand this is a good fix to clear no use image files in /tmp folder.
But, it seems against test item of update service in openbmc test automation.
The test script will check if the existing firmware is functional according image_id in /tmp folder, if existing then it's not allow to update same image two times.
However, after your commit then test script will fail due to image_id dir be deleted. Did you have any suggestion for this symptom?

Sincerely,
Tim
The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.