libpam issue in latest openbmc

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Mar 24 12:53:50 AEDT 2020

Hello Kumar,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:27:20AM +0000, Kumar Thangavel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>              I have cloned the latest openbmc image and tried to build it. I am getting the libpam compilation issue while generating the image.
>              Please find the attached log.
>
>              Could you provide the suggestions on this ?

Tiogapass is included in CI builds, so there shouldn't be anything
fundamentally broken like this.

Are you sure you started with a clean build directory?  Can you try to
start over with it and confirm it still fails the same way?

I see this in your log which indicates that it was not in a fresh clean
state:

NOTE: Tainting hash to force rebuild of task /home/openbmc/kumar/tiagopass/openbmc/meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam_1.3.1.bb, do_build
NOTE: Tainting hash to force rebuild of task /home/openbmc/kumar/tiagopass/openbmc/meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam_1.3.1.bb, do_compile
WARNING: /home/openbmc/kumar/tiagopass/openbmc/meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam_1.3.1.bb:do_compile is tainted from a forced run
WARNING: /home/openbmc/kumar/tiagopass/openbmc/meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam_1.3.1.bb:do_build is tainted from a forced run
done.
Sstate summary: Wanted 87 Found 0 Missed 87 Current 101 (0% match, 53% complete)
NOTE: Executing Tasks
NOTE: Setscene tasks completed
NOTE: Running task 503 of 823 (/home/openbmc/kumar/tiagopass/openbmc/meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam_1.3.1.bb:do_fetch)

--
Patrick Williams