[OpenBMC]: Unit test coverage analysis on openbmc repositories

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Tue Mar 3 15:48:12 AEDT 2020

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020, at 02:05, Lakshminarayana R Kammath wrote:

> https://github.com/openbmc/obmc-console.git YES, UNIT TEST

I need to add coverage support to obmc-console.

> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-tools.git NO

Not sure we can expect anything for openbmc-tools - it's a collection
of random scripts people have written to make their life developing
openbmc easier. It's not something that should have strict QA
processes.

> https://github.com/openbmc/openpower-host-ipmi-flash.git NO

I should add some tests here where I can.

> https://github.com/openbmc/hiomapd.git YES, UNIT TEST
> https://github.com/openbmc/libmctp.git YES, UNIT TEST
> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-led-sysfs.git YES, UNIT TEST

These three do in-fact have GCOV/LCOV support, you need to do the usual autotools invocations to get it:

```
./configure --enable-code-coverage && make check-code-coverage
```

> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-mboxd.git ERROR

This is archived.

> https://github.com/openbmc/u-boot NO

This uses Kbuild as a build system. I notice openbmc/linux and openbmc/qemu aren't included in the list.

> https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue.git NO
> https://github.com/openbmc/witherspoon-pfault-analysis.git YES, COVERAGE
> https://github.com/openbmc/x86-power-control.git NO
> *************************UNIT TEST COVERAGE
> REPORT*************************
> SUMMARY:
> TOTAL REPOSITORIES : 110
> TESTED REPOSITORIES : 43
> ERROR : 11
> COVERAGE REPORT : 12
> UNIT TEST REPORT : 31
> NO REPORT : 56
> Following actions, we can draw from above
>
>  1. *There are 12 repo's that have GCOV/LCOV plugged in* - We need to
> maintain which has good coverage and try to improve those which has
> less coverage
>  2. *There are 31 repo's that have unit test cases added but no
> coverage analysis because they aren't plugged in yet to GCOV/LCOV* - Is
> there a plan for plugging in GCOV

As above at least three of these are false-negatives for test coverage.

Andrew