Hello to OpenBMC Team

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Jun 4 05:24:02 AEST 2020

On Tue, 2020-06-02 at 20:56 +0000, Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware)
wrote:
> Hello OpenBMC team,
>
> My name is Mike Garrett and I work with a team at Hewlett Packard

Welcome Mike and HPE.

> Enterprise creating a port of OpenBMC on our server hardware.  We have
> just signed the CCLA (attached) and uploaded it.  We look forward to
> working with the OpenBMC community.

Likewise!

> To introduce myself, I am a firmware architect in HPE's compute group
> with a background in BIOS and BMC firmware.  There will be a few other
> folks on our team working with me, all with BMC development
> experience.
>
> The team has created a port of OpenBMC for our DL360 2-socket 1U rack
> server that runs in place of our iLO 5 firmware.

Is this https://github.com/HewlettPackard/openbmc?  Thanks for leaving
the attribution to the upstream project ("forked from openbmc/openbmc").

> This has been shown as a proof of concept at a few venues including
> most recently the OCP Virtual Summit a couple of weeks ago.  Jean-
> Marie Verdun has used this proof of concept as the underlying hardware
> for an Open Source Firmware CI system.  We hope to the upstream the
> OpenBMC work soon.

Awesome!

> I believe the next request is to ask for team members to be added to
> the gerrit system?

All you need to log in to Gerrit and submit code is a github account.

To have your code automatically tested by the CI system, you do need to
be on an ACL - I'll set that up as soon as you log into gerrit.

thx - brad