Upstream Yocto Bringing in GCC 10

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Jun 3 08:55:01 AEST 2020

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 03:12:32PM -0700, Richard Hanley wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea of what a good test project would be? Something of
> modest size that we can look for any hidden dragons that still need taming.

I'm starting work on adding coroutine support to sdbusplus as an
alternative to Boost::ASIO.  I think it would be also interesting to
look at sdeventplus for adding coroutine support and hopefully some
convergance between the two of them to facilitate coroutine reuse
(especially in the top-level scheduling portions).

My main motivations are:
    - Simplifying / flattening the callback lambdas associated with ASIO
      by using coroutines instead.

    - Use sdbusplus-coroutines as the basis for generating client
      bindings.  Since the project is moving towards async applications,
      there isn't much value in investing in sync client bindings.

--
Patrick Williams