x86-power-control - slot AC cycle

Velumani T-ERS,HCLTech velumanit at hcl.com
Wed Jul 29 03:09:33 AEST 2020

Hi team,

We are using a x86-power-control for host power control in a multi host system. We have the host as FRU and it can be plugged in to a slot. The slot has an option to control slot power and this can be used for a AC cycle.
We propose to add the slot power control in the x86-power-control, The slot power control can be configured in json and the same can be implemented reading the json config. We can ensure the existing functionality remains unchnged and does not affect the other platforms.

The config file can have a gpio entry with the new key "Slot_Power". Only if this entry is present then the slot power will be handled, Otherwise the existing functionality remains the same. Please provide your comments/suggestions for this proposed approach.

Regards,
Velu

::DISCLAIMER::
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.