add multi-host support in the phosphor-post-code-manager

Manikandan manikandan.hcl.ers.epl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 03:51:54 AEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:20:16AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:30:13PM +0530, Manikandan wrote:
> > Approach 1: << run the multiple process >>
> >
> > Create and run the multiple phosphor-post-code-manager process to handle each host postcode history.
>
> I would lean towards this implementation because I think it is more
> flexible in the long term.  Some multi-host systems are hot-pluggable
> such that you do not statically know how many you're going to have.  In
> some cases you have cards that take up two or three slots, so you really
> don't know the correct topology until you've done discovery.

   Thanks Patrick.

   Our platfrom is also based on hot-pluggable multi-host(four) card in chassis.
   we have either four host in slots or 2 host with two device card hardware topology.
   As you mentioned above on multi-process , Do we need to start and stop each instance based
   on host present in the slot at start-up and runtime.

   For example if only 2 host connected in slot with other slots empty, do we need to start only 2 instance
   and stop the instance when corresponding host card removed from slot at run time.

   I understand that you are refering the same design implemented in x86-power-control
   and obmc-console for multi-host..