add multi-host support in the phosphor-post-code-manager

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Jul 22 01:20:16 AEST 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:30:13PM +0530, Manikandan wrote:
> Approach 1: << run the multiple process >>
>
> Create and run the multiple phosphor-post-code-manager process to handle each host postcode history.

I would lean towards this implementation because I think it is more
flexible in the long term.  Some multi-host systems are hot-pluggable
such that you do not statically know how many you're going to have.  In
some cases you have cards that take up two or three slots, so you really
don't know the correct topology until you've done discovery.

--
Patrick Williams