Hwmon scale timing issue

Duke Du (杜祥嘉) Duke.Du at quantatw.com
Wed Jul 22 19:00:19 AEST 2020

Hi Matt,
   Thanks for solving sensor type issue, but I found another issue, the scale would not apply when
hwmon updated value in first time. For example, my battery 3.051 voltage would record 3051 on dbus
instead of 3.051 until hwmon update again. I think this is scale timing issue for hwmon update value
in first time. Some sensors interval configuration is so long such as one day that would lead to
record wrong value for a long time.

I am not sure this line would lead to hwmon update value with incorrect scale in first time.
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-hwmon/blob/master/sensor.cpp#L170

Thanks
Duke