Redfish Processor Command

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 7 08:13:30 AEST 2020

Hi All,

Intel processors have an interface called PECI that allows commands to
be sent to the processor from the BMC, and we currently provide a
Redfish OEM action to send PECI commands to the processor.

We proposed to the DMTF to add a standard command action to the Redfish
Processor resource for this purpose, and their suggestion was to just
keep it as an OEM action.

We're now trying to figure out the right way to handle this capability
in OpenBMC.  Would anyone else have use of a generic processor command
action in our OpenBMC Redfish implementation?

Thanks!
-Jason