"Initial commit" with entire git history - possible?

Adrian Ambrożewicz adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 6 16:51:23 AEST 2020

W dniu 7/1/2020 o 14:15, Brad Bishop pisze:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 01:08:20PM +0200, Adrian Ambrożewicz wrote:
>> Brad,
>>
>> How (as a maintainer) I could 'move' code from our internal repository
>> to github/openbmc hosted one? Is it specified somewhere?
>
> git push <remote> HEAD:master
>
> The gerrit remote is something like:
> ssh://<user>@gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz:2918/openbmc/telemetry
>
> and the github remote is:
> ssh://git@github.com/openbmc/telemetry
>
> You'll need to have configured both github and gerrit to accept whatever
> ssh keys you present.
Thanks, will try this, it was much simpler than I anticipated - sorry!

>> Currently I've pushed whole code to gerrit as usual review to gather
>> feedback, but after that I would still want to pursue path of pushing
>> entire git history + review changes on top  of that.
>
> I'm glad to see you are willing to entertain feedback but I'd be
> suprised if Intel let you spend time on making any meaningful changes
> (e.g. ones that cause significant rework and time investment on your
> part) at this point.  This is why code should be developed and reviewed
> in the open in the first place if you actually want others to use it.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm aware of inconvenience with big-bang
approach for code publication. I hope feedback like that will advocate
for higher priority on legal issues next time. As for bigger changes I
wouldn't be so pessimistic - we have allocated time for bugfixes and
further development in following months.

Regards,
Adrian